Last updated: January 2021
We, Uplers are a global professional services firm focused on Web Development, Digital Marketing and Design services.
This document a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Uplers Solutions Private Limited a Company incorporated under The Companies Act, 2013 whose registered office is at Uplers Hose, Next to Kalasagar Mall, Sattadhar Crossroads, Ahmedabad – 380061, Gujarat, India (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the www.uplers.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
This document sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of United States, Australia, Netherlands, and India.
This policy is applicable to:
- Users and Visitors of our websites and applications;
- Candidates and recipients of our career services;
- Talent, who are people we source or place on assignment with one of our clients, or individuals to whom we provide services;
- Our employees and associated third parties, as applicable; and
- Representatives of our business partners, clients and vendors.
- This policy describes the types of personal data or personal information we collect, how we use the information, how we process and protect the information we collect, for how long we store it, with whom we share it, to whom we transfer it and the rights that individuals can exercise regarding our use of their personal data. We also describe how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights. In general, our privacy practices conform to local law and regulation, including where applicable the provisions of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information We Collect and Retain
- We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We collect information when you choose to give it to us. This includes:
- Your contact information like name, email address, postal address, and phone number,
- Additionally, your resume including job experience, country of residence, company you represent, industry, language proficiencies and other work-related skills, National identifier or other government-issued identification number like PAN, Aadhaar number, Passport or any other photo id or address proof, date of birth, gender, citizenship and work authorization status, etc if you are opting for Career opportunities with us.
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender if you choose to provide.
- Information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
- You may choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- We do not collect sensitive personal data like; financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as fingerprints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature. We do not store information of users like password of your e mail account.
How Information is used
- We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of:
- Providing our services
- Responding to any queries you may have;
- Operating and improving the web site;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- Fostering a positive user experience;
- Delivering the services that we offer to Talent and our Client; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
How We Process and Protect Personal Information
- We process the personal data we collect, also by automated means, for the purposes defined above and for a specific period of time, which complies with our internal data retention policy, in order to ensure that the personal data are not kept longer than necessary. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Who we may share your personal data
- In addition, we may disclose personal data about you.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation). From time to time, we may consider corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer or allow access to information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, personal data may be transferred to third parties involved in the transaction.
- We transfer personal data between our group companies and data centres and to our clients for the purposes described above. Your personal data may be stored in databases located in India. The database is controlled by our administrative staff located in India and can be accessed electronically.
- You may have certain rights relating to your personal data provided for under applicable law. These are the right to:
- Request access to your personal data and request details of the processing activities conducted by us.
- Rectifying your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request to opt-out, request restriction or object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances by sending request on email;
- Withdraw your consent provided at any time by contacting us;
- Right of access to your personal data in order to verify that his or her personal data is processed in accordance with law; and
- If you require more information, complaint, raise concern or queries about the processing of your personal data, please write to us at email@example.com.
UNDERTAKING/OBLIGATIONS AS TALENT OPTING FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of India, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
- The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only.
- You undertake that, except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
- You acknowledge that, you are eligible to use the Site and you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site.
- You acknowledge that, we reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content, and the Marks.
- “Confidential Information” means certain trade secrets, oral and written communications including questionnaire, online assessment and results thereof and other non-public information that we may disclose to you for talent assessment, evaluation, appraisals and for the performance of services, that is of value to us and is treated as confidential.
- Confidential Information is and will remain our sole and exclusive property.
- You undertake to hold Confidential Information in strict confidence and not to make any personal or commercial use or disclose the Confidential Information to any person (whether an individual, corporation, or other entity) under any circumstances.
- You undertake not to copy any documents or download information from our software or online test, or to take any extracts from such documents or downloaded information.
- You undertake not to modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, create other works from, or decompile any prototypes, software, or other tangible or nontangible objects.
- You undertake not to copy at any time whether in whole or in part or adapt in any way the Confidential Information.
- Any breach to this Undertaking shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the India and the State of Gujarat consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts located there for any dispute arising out of this Agreement.
Changes to our policies