Uplers Leave Policy
In addition to the above listed holidays, the following are the available leaves for the Talent pool for the duration of your contract.
- The Talent will work for 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday.
- The Talent will be eligible for 20 paid leaves, including 12 paid leaves and 8 public holidays.
- The Talent will need the approval of all the leaves from the Client two weeks prior to the leave dates if the number of leaves is less than two consecutive days. If the leaves are for more than two consecutive days, the approval needs to be taken four weeks prior.
- A maximum of three emergency leaves per year is allowed for the Talent. This process is subject to change based upon the end Client’s requirement or need.
- If the Client wants the Talent to utilize his/her paid leaves on any specific days as per the Client’s national holidays, this needs to be conveyed in advance at kick-off and the beginning of every year. This should also be agreed upon by Talent, and the Client can enforce a maximum of three such leaves per year.
- In the same way, the Talent needs to put up his/her preference for public holidays during the year, and it needs to be conveyed to the Client at the time of kick-off, and any suggestions from the Client are to be considered and taken care of.
- The Talent cannot opt for more than two consecutive days of public holidays.
- The leave balance will be added to the Talent’s account on a pro-rata basis except for public holidays.
- The yearly calculation of leaves will be from the start of the contract and not according to the calendar year. Also, at the end of the year (December), all the accrued leaves will be elapsed.
- If the Client requests the Talent to work during public holidays, the Talent will be provided a compensatory-off for the same.
- Any leaves beyond the above entitlement will be considered as leave without pay. In any such circumstances, Uplers will deduct the amount from the Client’s billing as well as from the Talent’s payout.
- The leave policies are based on the calendar year. In case if the contract starts in the mid-year, the pro rata leaves will be considered till December.
- You can avail a total of 20 leaves during the contract period, which will be modified based on the start date and end date of the contract.